Backup File Size in QuickBooks
Learn about backup file size in QB
Subscribe to Adventures in QuickBooks!
and get the FREE Report,
"The 7 Most Common Mistakes
People Make in QuickBooks
...and How to Fix Them!"
Available for immediate download.
Time to Upgrade? Get Up To 20% Off QB Products +
Here’s how to determine the backup file size. Do this before emailing, because large backups can’t be emailed. Your email provider AND your accountant’s email MUST allow for email attachments that are larger than the size of the QuickBooks backup file. Most free email is 10MB. Paid and business email can be up to 20MB.
Follow these steps:
What if Your Backup is too Big to be Emailed?
- Make a backup, and remember where you put it.
- From My Computer in Windows, navigate to the backup.
- Without clicking on the backup file, roll the mouse over it.
- A yellow box appears. Several pieces of information are in it, including the size of the backup.
If the backup file is too big to be emailed, use a file transfer service.
1. Signup for an account. Try
YouSendIt (opens a new window). Click the "Start Your Free Trial" link.
2. Upload your QuickBooks file to the service.
3. The service notifies your accountant by email that it has a file ready.
4. Your accountant goes to the service and downloads the file to his/her computer.
4. Once your accountant is finished, he/she can use the service to return the file to you.
Easy & Inexpensive
"Conquer 27 Frustrating Mistakes that Steal Your Time, Sanity & Money!"
QB Mistakes are
Costly & Unnecessary
27 QB mistakes & their solutions, demonstrated in detail.
Two FREE Bonuses Included! Only $9.97.
Learn More Here
"Crack the COGS Code"
Too Little COGS?
Too Much Taxes!
QB does NOT use the traditional COGS formula to compute your COGS!
Only $9.97. Ebook.
Learn More Here
Prefer to search instead of browse?
What's the Best Backup in QuickBooks?
How to Name the File - Best Way to Name the File Before Emailing
Back to >>> Best Ways to Get QuickBooks Help
Backup File Size - Need More Help? Contact Jennifer